He was only 8 years old, playing his guitar and singing Blue Suede Shoes. He inherited his grand-father’s passion for music and for Elvis. A few years later, his mother took him to see Elvis Story, and he was awestruck. It was at that moment that he decided that he too was going to pay tribute to the King of rock n’ roll in order to have youth of his generation discover this phenomenal artist.
Over the past few years, he has traveled and given several shows, throughout Quebec, Ontario, and New-Brunswick. He also participated in a few contests and won first place at the Festival rétro de Victoriaville in 2009 and also won first place in the provincial contest Dans les Souliers d’Elvis at Place des Arts, in 2013.
His greatest joy is to pay tribute to Elvis on stage, to keep his music and memory alive.
Forever King is a unique musical journey through the life of this great artist who holds a special place in the hearts of so many.
Here are a few important moments of Mathieu’s career:
- Quebec 2007 – He sang Houndog and the drummer of the band was D.J. Fontana
- Quebec 2007 – Television appearance on Salut Bonjour! (TVA)
- 1st Place in the contest – Festival retro of Victoriaville – 2009
- Montreal 2012 – Television appearance on Penelope McQuade show (Radio-Canada)
- Montreal 2013 -Winner of the Provincial contest Dans les souliers d’Elvis, at Place des Arts
- Memphis, Tennessee, 2013 – Live performance during the Elvis Presley Ultimate Tribute Artist contest
- Quebec 2014 – Live performance with Cynthia Pepper, actress in the movie Kissin’ cousins starring Elvis Presley
- 2014-2015 – Tour with several artists and Mario Lirette – President’s tour, Résidences Soleil